A couple of weeks ago, we had a parents meeting at church. I had the opportunity to talk to them about some of the changes that were going on in the ministry and address some of their concerns. I also had the privilege of sharing my vision and goals for our ministry for 2009. I have been working with our executive pastor to determine what are some measureable goals that we could come up with for the youth ministry.
Our group has had some past problems that causes us to not have very many Juniors or seniors, so this will help us meet some of these goals just by adding a full grade. I know ministry isn't all about numbers, but when you request staff people and big budgets, someone wants to know why...
Here are the goals that we came up with...
- Refuel Attendance Growth by 50%, Increase from average 60 to 90 per week - Refuel is our main weekly program. This number includes both Jr & Sr high.
- Flite Group Growth by 150%, increase from 4 -10 groups that meet each week
- Sunday School attendance by 30%, increase from 36 to 50 average weekly
- Student Leaders Trained -15 - We are in the process of developing our student leader program. We are trying now to determine who those students would be.
- Flite Ministry Teams increase from 6 to 9 teams - Currently we have our praise band, drama team, dance team, video production team, computer team and hospitality team. We want to add a few more teams. Some suggestions have been a marketing team and jazz band
- Adult Leader from 20 to 40 - This would be defined as those students who commit to helping the student ministry and who become "Because We Care" certified.
- Confirmation Retention 50% - The two years I have been involved in Confirmation, the percentage of retention has been 31 and 70%. We want students to go through confirmation and stay involved in the church and the youth ministry.